Mobile Installation Technicians
The main purpose of this field-based position is to support the continued growth within the region. Install & maintain vehicle GPS/GSM tracking and ancillary electrical equipment to a wide range of 12/24v DC transport, carrying out electrical fault finding and planning installation schedules with customer site representatives.
Main job role and responsibilities:
- To install, service and maintenance of a range of vehicle tracking and communication devices to 12/24 volt vehicles of all descriptions
- To service work on said equipment
- To find electrical faults
- To plan and install schedules with customer site representatives
- To be readily available to assist colleagues
- To liaise and work with regional customer care team
- Any reporting required daily/weekly/monthly
- Any paper work required daily/weekly/monthly
- To participate in product training
Competencies, skills, knowledge and ability:
- Ideally a qualified Auto-Electrician or Mechanic (City & Guilds or NVQ equivalent) with electrical fault finding experience, from a vehicle security or manufacturers OE environment.
- Past experience with GSM/GPS equipment.
- Self-motivated and hard working
- High standard and quality of work
- Client facing
- Effective time management skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to build rapport and relationships with customers and colleagues
- A qualified Auto-Electrician or Mechanic (City & Guilds or NVQ equivalent)
- A clean driving license
Standard hours: Variable daily as the job is mobile.
42.5 hours Monday to Friday (overtime thereafter) plus occasional Saturday (x 1.5) and Sunday (double time) overtime